Supporting young South African doctors
Over the past 12+ years, AHP has placed more than 4,350 doctors in underserved areas. We’ve learned a lot over that time, about what you’ll experience during your community service, and about who to contact when you need help.
- Supportive Relationships:
– Network with older doctors
– Socialise with other CSOs
– AHP Helpline
- Online clinical logbook.
- Learn from other doctors.
- Structured get together to set your personal goals for your Community Service year.
- Come together with other CSOs to share your progress and ambitions during the year.
What do CSOs need?
In 2018, we asked the “Medical Internship – South Africa” Facebook Group (12,000+ members) to tell us about your support needs pre-, during and post your Community Service.
We can’t solve all the challenges you’ll face as a Community Service Officer.
Support your well-being.
Set up events for you with other CSOs and older doctors.
Be the people you call when the going gets tough.
We usually do know who to contact to solve an issue, and we will always pick up the phone and respond to your emails.